IDEO is an international renowned product design firm whose central philosophy has been guided by human involvement design thinking process. It believes in boosting the creative confidence of an individual which lead me to decide IDEO as my favorite brand. The more I research about them, the more I feel connected and every time I get more reasons to like this brand.
With the advancement of scientific age, technological literacy has been the global concern, mostly because the trend of educating, shopping, exploring has completely evolved with time. Now, most of the information’s are available online in different website and portals. IDEO has also very appealing website. Here we are evaluating the site of IDEO through 7 C’s of design element.
- Context: The delivery of this website is simply very creative. The colors, photographs and design make the website more visually attractive. The content of the website is labeled by different categories which switch users to go through the desired content very easily. The presentation between different contents has a breathing space which makes the journey of surfing the IDEO website more convenient.
- Content: The content in the IDEO website is rich in terms of visuals and write up. The content mainly focuses in consulting about different relevant topics like making a workspace creative, designing a circular economy, innovation which is consistent with the promise it makes as a company. The content also content links which were published in news channel and contents are updated regularly.
- Community: The subscription appeal to the users, and option like, “Want to talk?” “Say Hello” and “Contact Us” gives a pleasant hospitality feeling which promotes a sense of community and membership while visiting the IDEO website. It also has language options which connects user who understand other language other than English. This option also reflects the community that IDEO want to reach or already have reached.
- Customization: An interesting search option helped me to personalize the website where I could search an article of my interest related to design, innovation etc. The way this search options appears differentiates IDEO website from other website.
- Communication: The communication is broadcasted by IDEO and updates it users through emails through subscriptions. The emails links of different representatives within IDEO is given who are in different regions which may can be concluded that the communication is interactive between organization and users.
- Connection: The content of website is linked to different options like in a news article with a title, “Innovation, Growth and Getting to where you want to go”, we have a option to download the pdf file as well. As soon as you click to that option, it produces a 7 page journal article which was published Design Management Review. In the between of an article, it also gives an option to go through Diego Rodriguez profile which gives another option to users to know about the content writer. In some of the articles, links of the videos are also available which helps user to connect to from one link to another.
- Commerce: As IDEO is a service delivery company and it really doesn’t talk about business transactions. The site contains information which influences users to reach IDEO for consultation purpose.
The evaluation of a website through 7C’s framework helps marketing managers to update their website which is rich in content, is more interactive to its users and also cultivates in building a community which is beyond the virtual representations. 7 C’s of design element differentiate the competitors, and also make a unique representation of a brand in the competitive e-market businesses.